Job Title: Data Integrations Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
Location: Fully remoteApply Now
Based in either the UK, Canada or the US, the Data Integrations Engineer will perform full life-cycle technical data integrations for Thesis’ flagship SaaS student information system, Thesis SM. This includes discovery, design, implementation, testing and support of integrations using Thesis SM’s integration platform that will support API, publish/subscribe and secure file transfer methods.
- Significant experience in software product development and services industry
- Significant experience in enterprise scale, technical data integration consulting services for a SaaS vendor
- Solid experience of implementing multiple, simultaneous integration services work streams for multiple customers
- Higher Ed SIS consulting experience (or similar) highly desired
- Experience in technical data integration processes including use case discovery and analysis, data discovery and analysis, data cleansing, integration and testing, technical documentation and training
- Experience with integration technologies and methods in a cloud (Azure) SaaS environment using APIs, web services, file-transfer, ETL and publish/subscribe systems
- Understanding of Azure services including Functions, Data Factory, Event Hub and Service Bus (desired)
- Proficiency reading, analyzing, designing, and writing SQL, XML and JSON
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent) preferred
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Discover, design, and build SIS data integration projects for Thesis customers
- Work with senior data integration engineers to build technical solutions
- Consistent, effective communication across all levels of customer and Thesis organization
- Maintain strong customer and internal stakeholder relationships
- Support technology and tool improvement initiatives for data integrations
Characteristics for Success in this Role:
- Thrives in a fast moving, dynamic consulting services role with a strong will to deliver on commitments
- Data oriented and personally driven to use data to inspect and adapt designs, plans and processes
- Solution oriented with a pragmatic, agile approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter that maintains a positive attitude and leads from the front
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, driven to multi-task
- Collaborative listener
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operate with a high degree of integrity, trust, transparency, and accountability
- Inspired to support higher education with our products and services
- Someone who lives and breathes our company values on a daily basis:
- Collaboration – All voices are heard and valued so working well with others to share ideas and work towards common goals, achieving our best together.
- Authenticity – Operating consistently with transparency, always taking responsibility and accountability for our mistakes and learning from them
- Quality – Knowing how to get things done properly, in an agile way and delivered
- Customer Focus & Results Driven – Completely in tune with your Stakeholders, focused on delivering excellent service and achieving excellent results
- Honesty & Integrity – Operates in an open, straightforward and truthful manner. Always connecting with people with dignity and respect.
Thesis provides student information management solutions for higher education institutions worldwide, focusing on the use of best-practice standards, automation, and process simplification to free faculty and staff from administrative work so they can concentrate on their core mission, which is delivering an exemplary experience to students seeking a wide variety of educational experiences. Thesis' SaaS offering, Thesis SM, delivers a modern software suite that breaks free of the constraints of legacy systems, giving higher education institutions the ability to scale and evolve to meet new marketplace realities with a purpose-built software-as-a-service solution. If you think Thesis is like any other SIS company, you’ve got us all wrong. Zeroed in on the needs of SIS transformation in higher education, Thesis offers a highly focused and standardized approach to solving core student administration issues. With Thesis SM, we seek to deploy a predictable SaaS student system that cooperates with existing campus systems and, ultimately, powers change. Thesis specializes in mid-market higher education institutions in the US, Canada, France, UK, and Ireland who are seeking to modernize the student journey from the inside out. The mission of Thesis is to empower change via a core Student Information System engine that's backed by proven implementation services and world-class support in the higher education market. By offering a highly focused approach to helping customers address typical challenges encountered with cumbersome processes and aging systems, we help streamline administrative tasks to simplify the student journey. Thesis believes in leveraging collective genius. It’s been said that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and the same is true at Thesis. We are a company rooted in relationships, and that spirit of collaboration extends to each member of our team and to each of our customers.
Why work for us?
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to making Thesis a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe in continuous improvement and are making changes to ensure that all voices are heard, supported, and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, we provide every employee with training, support, and development throughout their career. We have a family first culture with enthusiastic colleagues who like to support and learn from each other. This is supported by our unlimited annual leave/vacation policy in addition to our very competitive benefits package. We work fully remotely around the globe and support flexible working in terms of hours and patterns. This opportunity is a chance to participate in the development of an international software firm. At Thesis, you genuinely have the freedom and autonomy to be successful, whilst we also invest in your personal and professional growth.