Job Title: Data Integration Program Manager and Lead Consultant
Reporting to: VP of Professional Services
Location: Fully remote with potential for travel to global employee and partner sitesApply Now
Reporting to the VP of Professional Services, and based in either the UK, Canada or the US, the Data Integration Program Manager will lead and oversee all technical data integrations for Thesis' flagship SaaS student information system, Thesis SM.
- Extensive experience in software product development and services industry
- Extensive experience in enterprise scale, technical data integration consulting services for a SaaS vendor
- Extensive experience as a program manager leading and delivering multiple, simultaneous integration services work streams for multiple customers
- Extensive experience leveraging Agile and Lean methods to manage, measure and improve value-based consulting services delivery processes
- Higher Ed SIS consulting experience (or similar) highly desired
- Expertise in technical data integration processes including estimation, planning, use case discovery, data discovery, data cleansing, scoping, integration and testing, documentation, training and project sign-off
- Expertise in integration technologies and methods including APIs, web services, file-transfer, ETL and publish/subscribe systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent) preferred
- PMI ACP or IAPM certification required
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Plan, measure, track, report and deliver SIS data integration projects for Thesis customers
- Manage project scope, timeline, budget, risks and issues across multiple projects for different accounts simultaneously
- Lead project-based risk mitigation including investigating root causes to client and project issues and propose effective solutions, clear internal communication to attain solution and timely communication with client on status
- Hire, mentor, lead, and direct the efforts of technical data integration consultants (engineers) and technical writers
- Lead data integration project inception, discovery, design and test phases
- Lead by example as a senior consultant and advisor with consistent, effective communication across all levels of customer and Thesis organization
- Manage production of technical documentation deliverables required to support services engagements
- Build and maintain strong customer and internal stakeholder relationships
- Lead process improvement initiatives for integrations
- Work with Professional Services and Finance to develop statements-of-work (SOWs) and consulting team availability estimates or future integrations service engagements
- Technical consulting project budgeting and financial management in collaboration with program manage office
Characteristics for Success in this Role:
- Strong cross-functional program and project management and organizational skills with ability to manage up, down and across
- Thrives in a fast moving, dynamic consulting services role with a strong will to deliver on commitments
- Willing to be “hands on” and roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Data oriented and personally driven to use data to inspect and adapt plans and processes
- Solution oriented with a pragmatic, agile approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter that maintains a positive attitude and leads from the front
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, driven to multi-task
- Collaborative listener, confident leader with a high EQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operate with a high degree of integrity, trust, transparency, and accountability
- Inspired to support higher education with our products and services
- Someone who lives and breathes our company values on a daily basis:
- Collaboration – All voices are heard and valued so working well with others to share ideas and work towards common goals, achieving our best together.
- Authenticity – Operating consistently with transparency, always taking responsibility and accountability for our mistakes and learning from them
- Quality – Knowing how to get things done properly, in an agile way and delivered
- Customer Focus & Results Driven – Completely in tune with your Stakeholders, focused on delivering excellent service and achieving excellent results
- Honesty & Integrity – Operates in an open, straightforward and truthful manner. Always connecting with people with dignity and respect.
Thesis provides student information management solutions for higher education institutions worldwide, focusing on the use of best-practice standards, automation, and process simplification to free faculty and staff from administrative work so they can concentrate on their core mission, which is delivering an exemplary experience to students seeking a wide variety of educational experiences. Thesis' SaaS offering, Thesis SM, delivers a modern software suite that breaks free of the constraints of legacy systems, giving higher education institutions the ability to scale and evolve to meet new marketplace realities with a purpose-built software-as-a-service solution. If you think Thesis is like any other SIS company, you’ve got us all wrong. Zeroed in on the needs of SIS transformation in higher education, Thesis offers a highly focused and standardized approach to solving core student administration issues. With Thesis SM, we seek to deploy a predictable SaaS student system that cooperates with existing campus systems and, ultimately, powers change. Thesis specializes in mid-market higher education institutions in the US, Canada, France, UK, and Ireland who are seeking to modernize the student journey from the inside out. The mission of Thesis is to empower change via a core Student Information System engine that's backed by proven implementation services and world-class support in the higher education market. By offering a highly focused approach to helping customers address typical challenges encountered with cumbersome processes and aging systems, we help streamline administrative tasks to simplify the student journey. Thesis believes in leveraging collective genius. It’s been said that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and the same is true at Thesis. We are a company rooted in relationships, and that spirit of collaboration extends to each member of our team and to each of our customers.
Why work for us?
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to making Thesis a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe in continuous improvement and are making changes to ensure that all voices are heard, supported, and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, we provide every employee with training, support, and development throughout their career. We have a family first culture with enthusiastic colleagues who like to support and learn from each other. This is supported by our unlimited annual leave/vacation policy in addition to our very competitive benefits package. We work fully remotely around the globe and support flexible working in terms of hours and patterns. This opportunity is a chance to participate in the development of an international software firm. At Thesis, you genuinely have the freedom and autonomy to be successful, whilst we also invest in your personal and professional growth.