Job Title: Business Quality Analyst
Reporting to: VP of Professional Services
Location: Fully remote with potential for travel to global employee and partner sitesApply Now
Reporting to the VP of Professional Services, and based in either the UK, Canada or the US, the Business Quality Analyst (BQA) plays a significant role in the development of custom integrations to Thesis’ Flagship product Thesis SM by ensuring the final product satisfies business objectives and user expectations. The Business Quality analyst serves as a much-needed bridge between the customer’s business needs and the technical capabilities of our Integration Services team. This is a client facing role, and requires an excellent understanding of business processes, and excellent communication, customer service, problem solving, cognitive and people skills. The role partners with customers as well as Thesis Project Managers, functional and technical consultants, integrations engineers, data migration and reporting consultants, and technical writers on one or more project teams. In contrast to a more traditional approach where the BQA is involved only at the end of a project, our approach is centered on having the BQA involved from the very beginning. At Thesis, the BQA is responsible for leading software testing, but the job also involves a high degree of critical thinking and requires taking a strategic, deliberate approach to product development and testing.
- Experience in SaaS ERP or Student Information System implementation
- Solid experience performing Business Analyst and Quality Assurance tasks to support integrations development for a SaaS ERP or Student Information System
- Strong previous consulting experience or professional experience either as an internal consultant or with a consulting/SaaS software company
- Demonstrable experience with Excel (w/ formula and macro experience), Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint
- Experience with at least 2 full life cycle ERP or Student Information System implementations
- Experience in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing
- Strong experience working with relational databases
- Ability to troubleshoot issues quickly and find solutions to solving them independently in a timely manner
- Project workstream experience inclusive of collaboration with other consultants
- Familiarity with implementing regulatory reporting for US, Canadian and/or UK Student Information Systems a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamically changing environment
- Demonstrable client facing experience by partnering with customers to drive successful outcomes
- Experience deploying multiple projects simultaneously is highly desirable
- Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering related field; or equivalent work experience
- PMI-PBA preferred
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Guide customers through the Thesis SM integration process
- Gather information about products and/or processes by observations, interviewing stakeholders and team members, using related reports, etc.
- Analyze business processes to understand the problems and their root causes, distinguish opportunities, and define areas that need improvement
- Identify solutions that will boost product potential and performance
- Interface with the development engineers evaluate solution feasibility
- Analyze the feasible solutions within a given budget, deadlines, existing requirements, etc.
- Validate business requirements to ensure alignment between Thesis and the customer
- Author user stories for the purposes of Integration Testing
- For the purposes of End-to-End Testing, work with the testing team to create Detailed Test Plans and provide clarifications on requirements if needed
- For the purposes of User Acceptance Testing, validate wholesomeness of the product based on customer business requirements
- Create, modify, and maintain test cases due to changes in the requirements
- Ensure clean and accurate documentation that may include aspects such as business requirements, client requirements, and technical specifications, and write findings in form of reports, which may be used in professional publications
Characteristics for Success in this Role:
- Self-starter with proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Great knowledge of IT processes and willingness to constantly update knowledge
- Data oriented and personally driven to use data to inspect and adapt plans and processes
- Solution oriented with a pragmatic, agile approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter that maintains a positive attitude and leads from the front
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, driven to multi-task
- Collaborative listener, confident leader with a high EQ
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Operate with a high degree of integrity, trust, transparency, and accountability
- Inspired to support higher education with our products and services
- Someone who lives and breathes our company values on a daily basis:
- Collaboration – All voices are heard and valued so working well with others to share ideas and work towards common goals, achieving our best together.
- Authenticity – Operating consistently with transparency, always taking responsibility and accountability for our mistakes and learning from them
- Quality – Knowing how to get things done properly, in an agile way and delivered
- Customer Focus & Results Driven – Completely in tune with your Stakeholders, focused on delivering excellent service and achieving excellent results
- Honesty & Integrity – Operates in an open, straightforward and truthful manner. Always connecting with people with dignity and respect.
Thesis provides student information management solutions for higher education institutions worldwide, focusing on the use of best-practice standards, automation, and process simplification to free faculty and staff from administrative work so they can concentrate on their core mission, which is delivering an exemplary experience to students seeking a wide variety of educational experiences. Thesis' SaaS offering, Thesis SM, delivers a modern software suite that breaks free of the constraints of legacy systems, giving higher education institutions the ability to scale and evolve to meet new marketplace realities with a purpose-built software-as-a-service solution. If you think Thesis is like any other SIS company, you’ve got us all wrong. Zeroed in on the needs of SIS transformation in higher education, Thesis offers a highly focused and standardized approach to solving core student administration issues. With Thesis SM, we seek to deploy a predictable SaaS student system that cooperates with existing campus systems and, ultimately, powers change. Thesis specializes in mid-market higher education institutions in the US, Canada, France, UK, and Ireland who are seeking to modernize the student journey from the inside out. The mission of Thesis is to empower change via a core Student Information System engine that's backed by proven implementation services and world-class support in the higher education market. By offering a highly focused approach to helping customers address typical challenges encountered with cumbersome processes and aging systems, we help streamline administrative tasks to simplify the student journey. Thesis believes in leveraging collective genius. It’s been said that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and the same is true at Thesis. We are a company rooted in relationships, and that spirit of collaboration extends to each member of our team and to each of our customers.
Why work for us?
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to making Thesis a diverse and inclusive workplace. We believe in continuous improvement and are making changes to ensure that all voices are heard, supported, and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, we provide every employee with training, support, and development throughout their career. We have a family first culture with enthusiastic colleagues who like to support and learn from each other. This is supported by our unlimited annual leave/vacation policy in addition to our very competitive benefits package. We work fully remotely around the globe and support flexible working in terms of hours and patterns. This opportunity is a chance to participate in the development of an international software firm. At Thesis, you genuinely have the freedom and autonomy to be successful, whilst we also invest in your personal and professional growth.